User title: vibez junkie
Member since Jul 2006 · 1045
posts · Location: North Jersey
Ok, I couldn't wait. A couple of quick observations after spending all of about 20 minutes with 1.11:
- The upgrade process was far too quick and painless. My brain wasn't ready for that. :P
- The full screen display is almost perfect. I'm thinking the track title should probably be displayed in a corner of the screen, rather than left-justified, centered vertically. Or maybe it shouldn't appear at all? This is purely aesthetics, and others may disagree.
- My top Quick Button was preserved ok (I had it on Equalizer), but my bottom Quick Button was changed from Shuffle to Intro Scan, which I never ever ever use.
- Being able to Append/Insert/Enqueue from "Music Library" is a thing of beauty.
- USB Transfer mode option is also beautiful. I haven't tested it, yet, but I'm very happy to see it there, including the "Charge Only" option.
- The menu lag when playing Ogg tracks is still there but noticably improved.
- The one-hand, tap-tap lock works great, too!
- Confirmed that saving a playlist with Repeat enabled no longer hangs the player.
I'll post more comments later as I've had more time to play with it. But, so far I see 1.11 as a significant improvement.
EDIT: Found a minor bug: The headphone detection does not pause the player if it's locked. This is true even if the Play/Pause is set to "Allow" in Lock Setup. Unlocked it works fine.
This post was edited on 2007-11-21, 11:03 by RubenNYC